- Antimicrobial Stewardship in Australian Hospitals (2011)
- National Centre for Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Strategies to enhance rational use of antibiotics in hospital: a guideline by the German Society for Infectious Diseases (2016)
- ABS Antibiotic Strategies: Guidelines to Further Develop and Define Antibiotic Use in Hospitals. 2nd Edition (2002). German version
- Strategien zur Sicherung rationaler Antibiotika-Anwendung im Krankenhaus Document 1. Document 2
European Union (ECDC)
- EU Guidelines for prudent use of antimicrobials in veterinarian medicine (2015)
- Draft EU Guidelines for prudent use of antimicrobials in human medicine (2016)
- Guideline on Antimicrobial Stewardship Implementation by the Dutch Working Party on Antibiotic Policy (SWAB)
- Rodriguez Bano J, et al.[Programs for optimizing the use of antibiotics (PROA) in Spanish hospitals: GEIH-SEIMC, SEFH and SEMPSPH consensus document]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2012 Jan.;30(1):22.e1–22.e23.(2012) [Spanish]
- Antimicrobial: “START SMART – THEN FOCUS”. Guidance for antimicrobial stewardship in hospitals (England). Department of Health Advisory Committee on Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infection (ARHAI) (2011)
- Practical Guide to Antimicrobial Stewardship in Hospitals: This new booklet is a very practical educational tool for any hospital facility to set up an antimicrobial stewardship programme [ASP]. Eight steps are suggested for a very practical approach to implementing ASPs, with many useful diagrams, examples of good practice, as well as solutions. Key success factors and a global bibliography.
- IDSA (2016): Implementing an Antibiotic Stewardship Program: Guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (2016). See comment here
- IDSA (IDSA 2007): Dellit TH et al. Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America guidelines for developing an institutional program to enhance antimicrobial stewardship. Clin Infect Dis. 2007 Jan. 15;44(2):159–177.
- SHEA/IDSA/PIDS: Policy Statement on Antimicrobial Stewardship by the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), and the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS)Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2012 Apr.;33(4):322–7. (2012)
- Mayo Clinic: Doron S, Davidson LE. Antimicrobial Stewardship. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2011 Nov.;86(11):1113–23.